When it is required to gain muscle mass, it is necessary to undergo a hyperproteic diet. The following is a diet specially designed for this type of situation, and uses basic foods in any diet, so it will not be difficult to adapt to it.
However, before starting, we must clarify that the purpose of the diet is to help people already experienced and looking for greater muscle gain for future competitions. For this reason, nutritional supplements have been used to help cover all the nutritional demands for high intensity training.
Given that it is currently known that muscle mass gain not only influences the consumption of any type of protein at any time, this diet takes into account these specific points to provide the greatest benefits.
Breakfast – 08:00 AM
- Egg whites and cheese without fat
- They work as sources of rapid absorption protein. This is ideal so that in case of fasting the night before, the protein levels in the organism recover, accelerating the natural anabolism.
- From 8 to 10 cooked egg whites and accompany with a slice of fat-free cheese and wholemeal bread, in addition to an orange juice.
- 490 calories, 38 grams of protein, 80 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fat
Pre-workout – 90 minutes before training
- Whey protein powder
- Rapid digestion protein that with high contents of branched amino acids, which when consumed before training, increases testosterone levels, in addition to helping to prevent the decomposition of muscles.
- It increases the levels of insulin necessary for training, when combined with fast-absorbing carbohydrates such as orange juice.
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder, mixed in water with 400 grams of orange juice, which will act as carbohydrates for fast digestion.
- From 344 to 384 calories, of which: 30 to 40 grams of protein, 56 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fat.
Post-training – 45 minutes after training
- Casein and serum mixture
- By combining whey protein and fast absorbing carbohydrates, consumed shortly after training, it works to reverse muscle catabolism, increasing insulin levels and growth hormone.
Slow-digesting casein supports slow-digesting amino acids that could be lost by consuming a large portion of serum immediately.
- About replacement of powdered food with whey and casein, mixed in water, a banana and three small spoons of honey.
- 460 calories, of which: 45 grams of protein, 70 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fat
Lunch – 02:00 PM
- Lean meat
- Slow digestion protein that provides amino acids that the body requires throughout the afternoon. It also contributes its portion of creatine, zinc and vitamins of Complex B.
- 280 grams of lean meat cooked on the grill, one cup of cooked pasta, one cup of various vegetables, tomato sauce
- 552 calories, of which: 51 grams of protein, 60 grams of carbohydrates and 12 grams of fat.
Dinner – 09:00 PM
- Slowing of protein intake, thanks to the higher fat content in salmon. In this case, Omega 3 essential fatty acids, present in fish, help the muscles maintain glutamine, an anti-catabolic amino acid.
- 225 grams of grilled salmon, a large cooked potato, vegetable salad
- 668 calories, of which: 47 grams of protein, 75 grams of carbohydrates, 20 grams of fat
- Casein nicelar
- Protein derived from milk that forms a kind of layer in the stomach and that requires a lot of time to digest. The protein consumed helps stop the progression of cortisol, an appetite hormone that appears during periods of fasting, in this case, from the last meal until the next meal in the morning, which may be more than 14 hours apart.
- Three tablespoons of casein protein nicelar, 350 grams of milk without fat. Add a cup of oatmeal if you want to increase the volume of the muscles.
- 364 calories, of which: 65 grams of protein, 17 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fat
- 564 calories with oats, of which, 65 grams of protein, 67 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fat.